Wednesday, July 17, 2013

VIBIS NATURAL HONEY

Josephine Selvaraj is winner of the 20th 

Janki Devi Bajaj Puraskar 2012 for 

Rural Entrepreneurship

Josephine Selvaraj, a bee farmer from Vadipatti taluka of Madurai, in Tamil Nadu was presented the 20th Janki Devi Bajaj Puraskar 2012 for rural entrepreneurship by the Indian Merchants’ Chamber (IMC) Ladies’ wing on Monday evening at a function in Mumbai. The chief guest at the event was ad personality turned activist Gerson da Cunha and the guest of honour was actor Nandita Das.
(L-R)Amita Haribhakti, Darshana Doshi, winner Josephine Selvaraj, Gerson da Cunha, Nandita Das and Justice Dharmadhikari
Selvaraj who owns Vibis Natural Bee farm, started her venture six years ago with an investment of Rs 5,000 and 10 boxes in which bees were reared. Today not only does Selvaraj have a flourishing business, but she has helped 420 women set up honey bee farms and trained more than 50,000 people under the National Honey Mission. Selvaraj earns nearly a lakh per month from her business and supplies honey, royal jelly and honey propolis to Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Bangalore and Mumbai. 38 year-old Selvaraj is the eldest of four children. She holds a postgraduate degree in history and learnt bee-keeping from Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK), Madurai.

5 comments:

  1. The IMC Ladies' Wing, under the presidentship of Smt. Kiran Bajaj, instituted an award in 1993, the IMC Ladies' Wing Jankidevi Bajaj Puraskar, to recognise women entrepreneurs who work for the progress of rural India. The award is named after Smt. Jankidevi Bajaj who strongly advocated the emancipation of women and envisioned them as agents of progress. Read more about the award and the Bajaj Group's contribution, on the Jamnalal Bajaj Foundation website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Day Sister Josephine, I would like to start honey bee rearing as a business with your kind help and assistance. I know nothing about honey bee rearing. I want to learn this art by undergoing training under your supervision. Kindly send me details by email to akbar_azp@yahoo.com

    Thanks
    Akbar
    cell: 9629403994

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hellow Josephine sister,
    I am Dr. R.Renupadma, Principal of a CBSE school in Tamabaram, chennai. I was impressed very much by your 11/2 hour speech in youtube. Even I like to start honey bee rearing in my house for my personal use. I live in a individual house so I like to take up your training. I will try to attend October month 2nd Saturday. I gained a lot of knowledge regarding honey by watching your video. I will take it to my students too. Kindly send me details by my email id. My mail id is renu.padma71@gmail.com
    With regards
    Renupadma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am interested ur product ( honey) my Mobile No: 9282335555 email ID: anushyaenterprises@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am interested ur product ( honey) my Mobile No: 9282335555 email ID: anushyaenterprises@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete